Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Snowball Challenge

I enjoy reading all the blogs that write about Snowball. Bird owners have known for years that birds can dance, yet there are so many skeptics stating that Snowball is just mimicing me. How does a child learn to dance? Does he watch his parents? His teachers? His friends? TV? Or is it something much deeper within one's self that inspires that child to dance? If so, what is it?

I cringe every time I watch myself dance in the World Science Festival video. Elaine from Seinfeld is a graceful ballerina in comparison. Yet as good as Snowball's dance moves are, so many think he's really mimicing me. To those who think that...thank you, but I can't take the credit for any of his dance moves.

I've even left comments on some of the disbelievers' blogs. I've invited them to come see Snowball for themselves. No reply.

So, I invite all skeptical bloggers and scientists to...
the SNOWBALL CHALLENGE!

Bird Lovers Only is a 501c3 charitable bird sanctuary. Donations are down because of the state of the economy. Individuals donating a minimum of $200 (donations are tax deductible) are invited to come and watch Snowball dance in person. I may even be able to have a camera crew come to film the event. Let's set a date for Saturday, November 14th, 2009. Those interested should contact Irena Schulz at Bird Lovers Only at the following email address:
birdloversonly@sbcglobal.net

To view the latest article on Snowball in Psychology Today:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/music-matters/200910/snowball-the-dancing-cockatoo-is-he-listening-or-imitating

Share/Save

Share/Bookmark