"Beaks Fruit Birdie Bread"
- 1 cup organic corn meal
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 oz organic applesauce
- 8 oz organic fruit baby food (your choice of fruit flavor)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic chamomile tea (liquid)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup organic red palm oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (chopped)
In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients in order listed above except for pine nuts. Mix with hand mixer or standard mixer until all ingredients are incorporated. Spread mixture in greased jelly roll pan, sprinkle pine nuts on top. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. You can then let cool for about 15 minutes, use cookie cutters to shape or just cut with knife. Keep in refrigerator or keep frozen. ENJOY!
Reference: Special thanks to Jason Crean for supplying us with some excellent and HEALTHY bird recipes! Jason Crean is the President of TASC (The Avicultural Society of Chicagoland). TASC is hosting a bird fair on April 5th, 2008. Please visit their web site for further details. http://www.tasc-chicago.org/