It has been widely reported that one should only use Echinacea for fourteen days at a time and then stop to rest the body, but there is no evidence to support this claim. We might use Echinacea in the following situations:
- Early on in the course of any infectious condition.
- For chronic rhinitis and sinusitis conditions.
- At the onset of any viral infection within an aviary such as polyoma virus outbreaks.
- For Candida (yeast) infections of the crop or intestinal system.
- To aid in the treatment of psittacine beak and feather disease.
Reference: "Holistic Care For Birds" by David McCluggage, DVM & Pamela Leis Higdon